Thursday 15 September 2011

Thoughts from my Blog Cabin



I came across a post on the Heart of Innovation blog the other day about blogging and how essentially, it's about self-discovery.

So why am I blogging?  Since working with Roger Neill and particularly since starting the MICL (Masters in Innovation, Creativity and Leadership at City University London), I've connected with many interesting people and groups and have read and researched a variety of topics around innovation, creativity and leadership.  I'm constantly making connections - between people and ideas.  A blog seemed to me to be a great way to share these connections or at least to have somewhere to keep them - like a diary.

So, this is the diary of my journey or 'odyssey' which I hope is more than self-discovery.  And by the way, the odyssey idea came from Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame and The Business Playground, who I saw on breakfast television whilst at the gym the other week!

1 comment:

Daydream Believer said...

As we have said, it is good to do both. That is, blogging (it feels so modern!) but the act of writing preferably with a favourite pen or pencil has that special quality of deliberation. In praise of slow. Enjoying your blog, Alison. (it's Jackie in case you wondered who Daydream Believer is).