Thursday 15 September 2011

The Beginning of my Odyssey

1st August 2011 marks the start of my blogging Odyssey or 'long eventful journey'.  Who knows where it will take me?

I was sitting in a talk given by Brian Dorval last week at City University London.  He was demonstrating to us how powerful it can be to focus more on the task in hand than the desired outcome.  Tennis professionals keep their eyes fixed on the moment that the racquet hits the ball and not on where the ball is going.  It's the same with golf.  So I'm going to try to be 'in the moment' with my journey.  I'm not going to worry about the destination.  I might be a solo traveller, meeting interesting people and visiting new places along the way.  Perhaps I'll be joined by friends or strangers, for all or part of the journey.  Who knows?

1 comment:

Daydream Believer said...

Congratulations. Looks lovely. Now will wait with great anticipation to further posts! Welcome to blogland.